I have a new favorite pumpkin treat, and it's one that my gluten-free friends and family can enjoy, too. Served at a recent gathering, everyone who tried one of these cupcakes loved them, whether they were eating gluten free or not.
Despite the name, these little cakes have a smooth texture, not cake-like, and the flavor is perfectly pumpkin pie. Served with a lovely dollop of whipped cream, no one will miss the crust.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment paper, silicone, or foil liners. Spray liners with non stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugars, eggs, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk just until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Fill each muffin cup with about 1/3 cup of batter.
6. Bake for about 42 to 43 minutes, or until tops are set and dry enough that you can touch them lightly. A toothpick will come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
7. Set muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. As soon as you can handle the cupcakes, remove them from the pan and let them finish cooling on the wire rack.
8. Serve at room temperature or cold, topped with whipping cream (optional). Sprinkle whipping cream with pumpkin pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. These keep (refrigerated) very well for several days. May be even better the next day, so definitely can be made ahead of time. Hello, Thanksgiving. :)